Calendar of Upcoming Events
** WTMLH BOARD MEETINGS take place monthly on the second Tuesday of the month from 6-8pm, 190 Anza St (Fremont) – all members are welcome to attend. **
Download the complete 2020 Calendar of Historic Walking Tours. Individual tours are noted below.
As concern continues to grow in our community regarding the spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), we have made the decision to postpone our Women of Washington Township 2020 talk/event until later in the year. This is especially prudent for us, as many of our supporters and members are in the sensitive population age range. We will inform you when we have a new date chosen for this wonderful event, and we hope to see you at the museum when that time comes.
- CANCELED – SAT, MAR 21st – Women of Washington Township 2020: A wine and cheese event …with history too! Museum open and refreshments served from 1:30 – 4:00 pm, with program running approximately 2:30 – 3:30 pm. FREE, with donations accepted! RSVP by Thursday, March 18th to 510-623-7907 or email@example.com. You can also find this event on Facebook. Download flyer for more information
- SAT, APR 11th – Niles Walking Tour – 10am – Meet at Essanay Film Museum – Niles Essanay Film Museum (David Kiehn) to lead.
3/17/2020: As we all begin the next phase today of containing Covid-19, we have made the decision (alongside Niles Essanay Silent Film Museum) to cancel this event – Niles Walking Tour. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, and we hope everyone is staying safe and staying well during these trying times. Thank you, as always, for your continued support!
- SAT, APR 25th – 5th Annual Family Day at the Rancho – Come out on this day for music and foklorico dancing, rancho games and activities, food for purchase, adobe tours, piñatas for the children, Rattlesnake Roger and his western collection, 47300 Rancho Higuera Road (Fremont)
- SAT/SUN, MAY 2nd or 3rd – Volunteer / Donor Appreciation Lunch – stay tuned for more details!
- SAT, MAY 23rd – Newark Walking Tour – 10am – Meet at the corner of Thornton and Ash Streets in front of Watkins Hall – Mayor, Al Nagy to lead
- SAT, JUNE 6th – Rancho Walking Tour & Plein Air Day, 47300 Rancho Higuera Road (Fremont) — stay tuned for more information.
- SUN, JUNE 14th – 10am – 4pm -Vintage Sale at 190 Anza St. (Fremont)
- SAT, JUNE 20th – Decoto Bike Tour – 10am – Meet in the parking lot of Dry Creek/Pioneer Regional Park, located at the end of May Road in Union City (near Whipple and Mission Blvd) – Tim Swenson to lead
- SAT, JULY 18th – Irvington Walking Tour – 10am – Meet at the Irvington Monument at Five Corners (Fremont) – Caroline Harris to lead
- SAT, AUG 15th – Centerville Walking Tour – 10am – Meet in front of Holy Spirit on Fremont Blvd. (Fremont) – Tim Swenson to lead
- SAT, SEPT 19th – Alvarado Walking Tour – 10am – Meet at Alvarado Elem School, 31100 Fredi St (Union City) – Tim Swenson to lead
- SAT & SUN, OCT 3-4 – MSJ OLIVE FEST – See you there!
- SAT, OCT 10th – Mission San Jose Town Walking Tour – 10am – Meet at 190 Anza St. (Fremont) – Kelsey Camello to lead
- SAT, OCT 24th – Cemetery Tour at Irvington Memorial Cemetery – 10am – Meet at 41001 Chapel Way (Fremont) – Various leaders
- In November we will focus on the 170th anniversary of the Mission San Jose Postmark. Stay tuned for more information!
- MUSEUM CLOSED DURING REGULAR HOURS 12/20/20 – 01/05/21 – HAPPY HOLIDAYS!