- School groups with scheduled tours Wednesdays or Fridays should meet at the entrance just before the tour start time. You will be greeted by a docent.
- School Tours at the Museum of Local History for Third Graders
- School Tours at the Higuera Adobe Historical Park for Fourth Graders
- Admission for a self-guided tour is $2 per person, or $5 per family.
- Admission for docent lead tours with activities is $150 per class (25-30 students); chaperones are not required to pay for these tours.
- Choose your preferred date and time.
- Guided tour times are Wednesday, and Friday from 10:00 am – 12:00 noon, or from 12:00 noon – 2:00 pm.
- Call or email a tour request and include your name, school, number of students, date and time of tour.
- Allow at least one week for confirmation response by phone or email. If you do not receive a response within this time period, please email email@example.com.
- We encourage you to visit the museum prior to your field trip to become familiar with the exhibits.
- Payment may be mailed or delivered upon confirmation.
- Payment must be received at least two weeks before your scheduled field trip.
- The Museum requires one adult per five students for grades K-6. Older student’s minimum is one adult per ten students.
- Adults accompanying groups are responsible for supervising students at all times while your group visits the Museum gallery and enjoys lunch.
- Please prepare chaperones/group leaders and students before you visit by reading the Museum policies and rules. Please silence all cell phones.
- Pencils may be used with a clipboard or other writing surface.
- Pens are not allowed in the gallery.
- Return all Museum clipboards and pencils to the appropriate containers.
- Teachers may ask students to visit the Museum with their parents and families as part of an assignment. We ask that you notify us if you choose this type of arrangement so we can be prepared for an increased number of visitors.
We have a few gift items and books for sale in our store. Children may “shop” in small groups of 4-5 after the program. Remind them to bring money if they want to shop.