Before Your Fieldtrip
- Confirm the date and time of your fieldtrip and the number of students and chaperones who will attend.
- Make payment to the museum at least two weeks before the fieldtrip.
- Make copies of and distribute the letter to the chaperones.
- Make nametags for your students and the chaperones. Divide the students into groups of five. Designate groups by color or shape.
- Make picnic arrangements if necessary.
How to Cancel a Field Trip
Notify the Museum at least two weeks ahead of time if you need to cancel a field trip. Leave a message by phone or email the museum or the docent coordinator.
- There is a $15 charge if you cancel
- There is no fee charged for rescheduling
Provide the following information: School name, date of scheduled field trip, teacher name, teacher phone number.
On the Day of Your Field Trip
- Review the field trip plan and the Museum Rules with your students.
- Have students and chaperones put on their name tags. (This divides the students into groups.)
- Hand out the chaperone letter to each chaperone.
- Assemble at the front entrance where a Museum representative will greet you.
After Your Field Trip
Please give us feedback by filling out the evaluation form. Return the evaluation to:
Museum of Local History
190 Anza Street
Fremont, CA 94539